- Kendriya Vidyalaya schools are central schools with cbse syllabus and a good teaching medium.highly disciplined. The system came into being in 1965 under the name “Central Schools”, and has been affiliated with CBSE since then. Later, the name was changed to “Kendriya Vidyalaya”. Its original objective was to educate children of the Indian defence services personnel who are often posted to remote places. With the army starting its own Army Public Schools, the service was extended (but not restricted) to all central government employees. The uniform curriculum followed by these schools all over India ensures that the children of government employees do not face educational disadvantages when their parents are transferred by providing a common syllabus and system of education.
- The Students of Kendriya Vidyalaya schools have achieved many achievements under their cap. One of them is to have named a star after one of the Kendriya Vidyalayas.
A Star in the sky has been named after Kendriya Vidyalaya No.1 Uppal, Hyderabad due to the efforts of some alumni belonging to the 1982-84 batch of the school and now settled in the USA.
The International Star Registry maintained in Switzerland had issued a certificate recording it in the astronomical compendium your place in the Cosmos. The star named after the school is in the Ursa Minor constellation (Laghu Sapt Rishi Mandalam). The group of students passed out their school in 1984 and are now heading top companies in the US. On what led the Class of 1984 to take up the starry expedition.
The 12 years at school have a profound impact on our personality.” Others, who along with Vikas put their school on the top of the world are : Shashi Mehrotra – Chief Investment Officer and Senior Vice President at The Legend Group, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida and M Srikant – CEO of Trianz Corp.
- The KVS supply best product to the university and the kv product are able to fight and survive in any type of adverse condition and raise the flag of being from kv .The KVS products are best in co-curricular activities.
- Schools have been instructed to preserve and keep the answer books of classes IX and X in the safe custody at the school for atleast a period of three years (in case of Class IX) and two years (in case of Class X) alongwith question papers and marking schemes for any verification by the Board subsequently. It has, time and again been brought to the notice that with increasing volume it is becoming difficult to preserve the record. The Board has, therefore, reduced the retention period of the assessments of classes IX and X to be preserved at the school level w.e.f. 2013 examination.
- Aptitude testing is a student-friendly, universally accepted mode of rating capabilities for a particular activity. Aptitude tests are known to be reliable predictors of future scholastic achievement. Aptitude tests are beneficial for a number of reasons…
*Aptitude tests can actually highlight areas of potential talent, in some cases, aptitudes the individual may not even aware of.
*The results of the tests help the individual to set up a career plan, by clearly identifying ones skills, strengths and weaknesses..
- The registration fee for CBSE SGAI is Rs.100 per student only.
- A school website provides information about your school and what you do well.When properly designed and constructed a website can provide an extra, up to date and easy to use link between your school, its community and the world at large. Your website is a valuable showcase for life at your school.
- A static website is one that is written in HTML only. Each page is a separate document and there is no database that it draws on. What this means functionally is that the only way to edit the site is to go into each page and edit the HTML – So you would have to do it yourself using a web page editor such as FrontPage or Dreamweaver, or pay your web developer to make updates for you.
A dynamic website is created by web developers who are strong in ASP.Net, PHP, JAVA and more… This website pages contains data is retrieved from certain database. Each time the viewer entering a page, the contents of that page is retrieved from the database. The administrator can change the content and images from admin panel. This is one that changes or customizes itself frequently and automatically.
- KV,CBSE and Army Schools are Competition offers an opportunity to illustrate the kind of creativity that students bring to the planning and design process. The competition highlights the importance of well-planned, high performance, healthy, safe and sustainable schools that foster student achievement and enhance community vitality. The annual competition, open to middle school students, challenges student teams to design their schools to enhance learning, conserve resources, be environmentally responsive and engage the surrounding community. The multi-disciplinary solution requires students to follow a planning process from the concept phase to completion of the project, with thorough documentation. The students will reached at high levels of postions at NDA ,CDS etc.
- KV, CBSC and Army emphasis on discipline as the seemingly sole method of controlling a rebellious teen has created a bumper crop of discipline-oriented programs for these adolescents, from short-term boot camps to longer-term military schools. One of the problems with these solutions, however, is that they do not address the unique needs of adolescents with real emotional and behavioral problems. For example, students with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, oppositional defiant disorder, clinical depression, or other psychiatric or behavioral problems need more than a swift “kick in the pants” to get them to act appropriately.
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangatha (KVS) , Army Schools and CBSE Schools has directed 931 Kendriya Vidyalayas in 18 regions across the country to introduce the Integrity Club, which was first introduced on a pilot basis in New Delhi in Kendriya Vidyalaya Rangpuri AAI in October 2008. Some values highlighted are love, compassion, respect, and non-violence.
Kendriya Vidyalayas also grant admission to students who do not belonging to families of government employees.
From the year 2010 students are analysed under the Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) to give out better results. CCE is a new pattern of study for CBSE board students, to identify the social skills of the students and improve the motivation of students about their studies.
- In KV,CBSC,and Army Co-curricular activities prepare students for future challenges. The school’s academic curriculum can only go to the extent of teaching and educating students about academic theories. The institutions where focus is only on textual content may not be able to train and prepare students to apply what they have learnt in practice.However, Jamia Senior Secondary School, through co-scholastic activities tries to give the students a more rounded education. Co-curricular activities conducted at the school are particularly good at providing opportunities for students to work in collaboration, to exercise leadership, and enhance the ability to take initiatives. Let’s take a look at the session’s activity corner!